Neurology deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the brain, nervous system, spinal cord, blood vessels, muscles, and nerves. The treatment of the diseases and conditions with these are taken care of by doctors in the field of, neurology and neurosurgery. The brain and its different aspects are dealt with in neurology. We assure you the best neuro treatment in India, as we have a panel of the best neurosurgeons in India.
Neurosurgeon Vs Neurologist
The two occupations are vastly different though, the terms neurologist and neurosurgeon are often interchanged when referring to medical practitioners who treat the brain’s disorders.
The diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the brain and nervous system is performed by a neurologist. An expert neurologist also treats illnesses such as neurodevelopmental disorders, learning disabilities, and other central nervous system-related conditions.
On the other hand, a neurosurgeon is a qualified person to perform surgical operations on people with chronic diseases that impair the nervous system’s normal functioning, such as Parkinson’s disease, aneurysms, and congenital disabilities.
When To See a Neurologist?
- Persistent dizziness
- Variations in sensations or emotions
- Difficulties with balance
- Emotional Confusion
- Muscle Fatigue
- Persistent sense of heaviness throughout the head
When To See a Neurosurgeon?
- Endovascular Repair
- Disk Removal
- Lumbar Puncture
- Aneurysm Repair
There is a lot of variation between the both in terms of medical management
- Neurologists and neurosurgeons both diagnose and manage nervous system disorders,
but neurologists do not perform surgery.
- your initial screening will be performed by a neurologist
- Neurologists concentrate on finding complex neurological diagnoses that can be treated with other medications or treatments or need close monitoring.
- Your neurologist will refer you to a neurosurgeon if surgery is required to improve your condition or improve your performance.
- The primary distinction between a neurologist and a neurosurgeon is self-evident. While a neurosurgeon may conduct surgery to treat medical problems, neurologists treat specific conditions with medications and other procedures.
- The work of neurologists and neurosurgeons is complementary.
The best neuro treatment in India aims at providing a comprehensive treatment procedure. Though there are many neuro hospitals, always choose the best hospital for neurosurgery in India. A speciality flag-ship hospital for Neurosurgery and Neurology provides you with the best neurosurgeon in India.